In Scotland there are 788,000 unpaid carers which is 17% of the adult population – 29,000 are under 16 years old contributing £10.8 billion to the Scottish economy. 23% of unpaid carers provide 35+ hours of care per week resulting in many being unable to work or afford the little luxuries, time out and breaks away from the everyday.
Support carers to take a break
VOCAL has helped carers to take a break or experience such as; overnight stays, spa days, self-catering breaks, transport to and from breaks, caravan holidays, providing equipment for hobbies, theatre tickets, group events, day trips and much more through various grants, funding streams and the generosity of the hospitality, tourism and leisure sector gifting breaks in kind.
There are a number of benefits to our partners including;
- Identifying a new income stream and market sector
- Marketing, PR and Mystery Shopper opportunities
- Certificate of recognition/ partnership
- Meet company Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goals and objectives
- Supporting your local community!