The Short Breaks Fund is available to adult carers who care for someone aged 21 years or older. It is designed to give unpaid carers a break from their caring role.
You can apply for anything that would give you a break from your caring role. For example equipment to continue hobbies at home, overnight breaks away, gym membership or employing someone to spend time with the person you care for whilst you take time for yourself.
Please check the eligibility criteria below before you apply:
- The person you care for lives in Midlothian and IS NOT in long term care
- The cared for person IS aged 21 years or older
- Social Services cannot fund the break
- You can demonstrate that you are NOT able to fund the break yourself
- You are willing to provide a breakdown of household income/expenditure, if necessary
- The break will give YOU time off from your caring role as the main carer
- You have been referred to VOCAL by a practitioner and discussed how a break will benefit YOU
Detailed information about the eligibility criteria can be found in the Short Breaks Guidance Notes.