VOCAL Midlothian’s Wee Breaks Fund is available to carers who care for someone living in Midlothian and is designed to give unpaid carers a break from their caring role.
You can apply for anything that would give you a break from your caring role. For example equipment for a hobby, an overnight break away, gym membership or employing someone to spend time with the person you care for whilst you take time out for yourself. We encourage you to be as creative as possible and to come forward with ideas and suggestions for things that would give you the ideal a break from caring.
Please check the eligibility criteria below before you apply:
- The person you care for lives in Midlothian and IS NOT in long term care.
- Social Services cannot fund the break.
- You can demonstrate that you are NOT able to fund the break yourself.
- You are willing to provide a breakdown of household income/expenditure, if necessary.
- The break will give YOU time off from your caring role as the main carer.
- Your application can be endorsed by someone who has supported you and/or the person you care for in a professional capacity.
More detailed information about the eligibility criteria for our Wee Breaks Fund can be found in the Wee Breaks Guidance Notes.
Wee Breaks grants and other support offered is subject to VOCAL’s Wee Breaks & Fundraising Policy
VOCAL Midlothian’s Wee Breaks Fund is supported by Midlothian Council and Shared Care Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government.