Support carers to take a break
In Scotland alone there are 788,000 unpaid carers contributing £10.8 billion to the Scottish economy. 23% of unpaid carers provide 35+ hours of care per week, often to the detriment of their own health and wellbeing.
Through VOCAL Wee Breaks carers have taken a much needed break or experience away from caring.
Breaks have included; an overnight stay, spa days, self-catering breaks and caravan holidays as well as providing equipment for hobbies, theatre tickets, group events, day trips and much more through various grants and the generosity of the hospitality, tourism and leisure sector gifting breaks in kind.
There are a number of benefits to supporting carers and becoming a partner of VOCAL:
- Certificate of recognition/ partnership
- Engage your staff to meet corporate community goals and objectives
- Identifying a new income stream, market sector & service delivery (ie: virtual breaks)
- Support to develop your internal carers network/ policy, and become Carer Positive
- Marketing and PR opportunities
Contact VOCAL Wee Breaks today on 0131 622 6666 or email to find out more about partnership opportunities.